The European Left expresses its deep solidarity with the Palestinian people commemorating their protest and struggle on 30 March 1976 in defence of their land threatened by expropriation by the Israeli government.
At the present time, when the Palestinian people is threatened by continuing Israeli colonisation of their territories in the West Bank, it is more than ever important to commemorate this day and the Palestinian resistance to Israeli land confiscation and colonisation. It is also a time when the Palestinian people is hit hard by the global Covid-19 pandemic and has suffered discrimination in access to vaccines by the Israeli government. We assure the Palestinians of our continuing support and solidarity.
On Land Day, the European Left reiterates its strong support of the rights of the Palestinian people to their own state and land. We call for the recognition of the state of Palestine by the EU and EU member states and by as many countries and institutions as possible.
· We support the right of return of Palestinian refugees.
· We condemn the continuing Israeli and other violations of the rights and human rights of the Palestinian people.
· We demand the withdrawal of Israel and Israeli settlements from the Palestinian territories as well as the lifting of the siege of Gaza.
· We demand for an end to Israel’s impunity of the crimes committed against the Palestinian people.
· We call for a strengthening of the banning of goods from the Israeli settlements and demand that the EU sanctions European companies that make a profit in the occupied territories.